Submission is closed!
Thanks for all who submitted for the conference! Currently we are reviewing all your proposals. For purposes of preparation of your presentations, you still can download the submission guidelines!
The overall theme of the conference is “Nurturing adolescent growth”. Starting from a positive view on adolescence and recognizing that adolescence is a not only a period of risk but also an ‘age of opportunity’, we invite papers, posters and symposia that highlight positive youth development. Although we welcome contributions on any topic relevant to adolescent development (including risk for psychopathology), we particularly call for research dealing with features of adaptive development (e.g., prosocial behavior, adequate emotion regulation, personality maturity, social competence, identity strength, resilience) and contextual support for such positive development for all youth (e.g., high-quality parenting, supportive teacher-adolescent relationships, secure peer and romantic relationships).
Within this framework, submissions were welcome on the following themes:
- Biology and neuroscience (e.g., stress regulation, brain processes, genetic influences)
- Health and growth (e.g., physical health, healthy food, sleep, movement, well-being)
- Moral development and behavior (e.g., empathy, prosocial behavior, aggression, civic engagement)
- Social, emotional & personality development (e.g., identity, emotion regulation, personality, temperament, coping, resilience)
- Parenting and parent-child relationships (e.g., parenting styles and behaviors, family relations and dynamics)
- Social relationships (e.g., peers, romantic relationships, sexuality, social competence, popularity)
- Education and school (e.g., achievement, motivation, self-concept, teacher-student relations)
- Technology & media (e.g., smartphones, social media, video games, gamification)
- Developmental psychopathology (e.g., anxiety, depression, suicidality, personality disorders, substance use, developmental disabilities)
- Prevention and intervention (e.g., clinical studies, RCTs, family interventions, school interventions)
- Culture, race, ethnicity, society (e.g., cross-cultural research, SES, societal influences)
- Methods, history, & theory (e.g., new theories, new assessments and research designs, new methods for the study of change and development)
- Deadline for abstract submission: Extended to March 15, 2018
- Notification of acceptance or rejection: April 15, 2018
- Deadline for early registration: May 15, 2018