Version of September 8, 2018!
- Wednesday 12 September 2018: preconference workshops for students + opening of conference (evening)
- Thursday 13 September 2018: Core Themes: full day of keynotes, symposia, paper sessions & poster sessions on major topics
- Friday 14 September 2018: Practitioners Day: full day of symposia, paper sessions, poster sessions & clinical workshops on applied topics + conference dinner (evening)
- Saturday 15 September 2018: New Directions: full (!) day of innovative keynotes, symposia, paper sessions & poster sessions + closing of conference (evening)
Search the complete program of the conference (including all abstracts) through this link!
No printed conference book will be available for environmental reasons. However, these links with online program and search function will stay active during the conference!
- Wednesday 12 September 2018, 17.30-19.15: Opening Session in Auditorium 2!
- Wednesday 12 September 2018, 19.30- ...: Opening Reception in Resto!
- Thursday 13 September 2018, 13.30-17.00: EARA Council meeting, in Leslokaal 5.1!
- Thursday 13 September 2018, 19.00-21.00: SECNET EARA Young Scholar Dinner, in restaurant De Stokerij!
- Thursday 13 September 2018: 21.00-...: SECNET EARA Young Scholar Ghent tour, starting at De Stokerij!
- Friday 14 September 2018: 8.30-10.00: SECNET Meet the Editors! session, in Auditorium 4!
- Friday 14 September 2018: 15.30-17.00: EARA Award Session, in Auditorium 2!
- Friday 14 September 2018: 12.30-13.30: Meeting of EARA National Representatives, in Leslokaal 5.1!
- Friday 14 September 2018: 17.00-18.00: EARA General Assembly, in Auditorium 2!
- Friday 14 September 2018: 19.30-...: EARA Conference Dinner & Party, in Stadsbrouwerij De Gruut!
- Saturday 15 September 2018: 18.00-18.30: Closing Session, in Auditorium 2!
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Eveline A. Crone, on Adolescence as an important period for social-affective engagement: A view from neuroimaging studies
- Prof. Dr. Judith Smetana, on Constructing Autonomy in the Context of Adolescent-Parent Relationships
- Prof. Dr. Lisa Crockett, on Nurturing Sexual Health in Adolescence: Biology, Social Context, and Culture
- Prof. Dr. Eva Pomerantz, on Pathways to Constructive Adolescent Behavior: Insights from China and the United States
Confirmed invited symposium chairs:
- Prof. Dr. Frosso Motti-Stefanidi, on 'Resilience in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Koen Luyckx, on 'Identity and depressive symptoms across adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Sander Thomaes, on 'Authenticity, self-concept clarity and contingencies of worth in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Jaap Denissen, on 'Personality development in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Luc Goossens, on 'Gene-environment interactions in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Ersilia Menesini, on 'Adolescence and new media', an EADP-EARA symposium
- Prof. Dr. Ilse Derluyn, on 'Migration and adolescent refugees'
- Prof. Dr. Heidi Vandebosch, on 'Cyberbullying and resilience'
- Prof. Dr. Ingrid Schoon, on 'Adolescent agency and the transition to adulthood'
The overall theme of this XVI biennial meeting of EARA is: “Nurturing adolescent growth”. Starting from a positive view on adolescence and recognizing that adolescence is a not only a period of risk but also an age of opportunity, we invite papers, posters and symposia that highlight positive youth development. Although we welcome contributions on any topic relevant to adolescent development (including risk for psychopathology), we particularly call for research dealing with features of adaptive development (e.g., prosocial behavior, adequate emotion regulation, personality maturity, social competence, identity strength, resilience) and contextual support for such positive development (e.g., high-quality parenting, supportive teacher-adolescent relationships, secure peer and romantic relationships).