Welcome at the EARA 2018 Conference webpage!
Register NOW for EARA 2018 and do not forget to book your room! Also join us in the conference dinner & party on Friday 14 September!
- Interesting preconference workshops available on September 12! Check out here!
- EARA-EADP-SRA Summerschool will take place September 9 to 12 (just before the conference!), in Drongen Abbey close to Ghent! All information here, including criteria and procedure to apply. Still possible to apply till May 11!
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Prof. Dr. Eveline A. Crone, on Adolescence as an important period for social-affective engagement: A view from neuroimaging studies
- Prof. Dr. Judith Smetana, on Constructing Autonomy in the Context of Adolescent-Parent Relationships
- Prof. Dr. Lisa Crockett, on Nurturing Sexual Health in Adolescence: Biology, Social Context, and Culture
- Prof. Dr. Eva Pomerantz, on Pathways to Constructive Adolescent Behavior: Insights from China and the United States
Confirmed invited symposium chairs:
- Prof. Dr. Frosso Motti-Stefanidi, on 'Resilience in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Koen Luyckx, on 'Identity and depressive symptoms across adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Sander Thomaes, on 'Authenticity, self-concept clarity and contingencies of worth in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Jaap Denissen, on 'Personality development in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Luc Goossens, on 'Gene-environment interactions in adolescence'
- Prof. Dr. Ersilia Menesini, on 'Adolescence and new media', an EADP-EARA symposium
- Prof. Dr. Ilse Derluyn, on 'Migration and adolescent refugees'
- Prof. Dr. Heidi Vandebosch, on 'Cyberbullying and resilience'
- Prof. Dr. Ingrid Schoon, on 'Adolescent agency and the transition to adulthood'
The organizing committee of the upcoming EARA conference in Ghent, Belgium (12-15 september, 2018) is working hard in preparing this meeting. Soon more information will be spread through the website and mailinglist on program, practical issues and other important information. Check your mail and this website regularly!
The overall theme of this XVI biennial meeting of EARA is: “Nurturing adolescent growth”. Starting from a positive view on adolescence and recognizing that adolescence is a not only a period of risk but also an age of opportunity, we invite papers, posters and symposia that highlight positive youth development. Although we welcome contributions on any topic relevant to adolescent development (including risk for psychopathology), we particularly call for research dealing with features of adaptive development (e.g., prosocial behavior, adequate emotion regulation, personality maturity, social competence, identity strength, resilience) and contextual support for such positive development (e.g., high-quality parenting, supportive teacher-adolescent relationships, secure peer and romantic relationships).